Monday, August 6, 2007

Day 5 - Market chosen & Passive Residual Income System Extreme set up in progress

"Don't let what you can't do interfere with what you can do"

This saying of Stephen Pierce's is deceptively simple. It's been going around and around in my head for the last two days since my last update on the Smart Marketing Coaching Club. It's now day 5

When I was stalled on working on my project I was frustrated because the hosting company hasn't uploaded my new domain. Until then I have been so excited. After going through Stephen and Alicia's mindset and creativity modules, I finally chose a market (one I'm passionate about naturally) and found a great affiliate product to promote. One that Stephen himself has researched and endorsed.

I chose a domain name ($9.05) and set up the hosting ($9.95 a month). I also learned how to transfer the domain name to the hosting company which impresses me. Yes, I am very much a newbie.

I've been going through the new cd, Passive Residual Income System Extreme - PRI$E, (thank you again Roy Phay for your detailed Camtasia videos) and learning lots. Now I have a blog, installed & configured WordPress, installed PlugIns, (whatthe?!) Smart PPC and now I'm installing Smart Profit Feeds. As you can tell, I still don't know exactly why I'm doing some of these steps but I'm just faithfully following each one and it's really coming together. I even felt confident enough to upload files to the server and I installed a different blog template than the standard version. Wow, I'm really feeling like I know some of this technical stuff now.

Only problem is I can't see it!! Agh! I keep getting the message that it will take 24-48 hours to have the domain up.

So this is where Stephen's quote "Don't let what you can't do stop you from doing what you can do." Although I can't see for certain that everything is working fine I can keep going on with the steps and learning. Even if I have made a mistake and something has gone wrong and I have to redo things, I've still learned so much that will make it faster doing it next time. And I always planned on creating multiple sites so this is valuable experience for me.

No comments: